Massage services are provied by Bodyassist and, are available within Priceless Bodies HQ
At Bodyassist our highly skilled and professional massage therapists provide remedial and relaxing massage treatments to help you reduce stress, assist with injury prevention and rehabilitation; maintain the health and vitality of the muscular system as well as improving your overall wellbeing.
Why use massage?
Massage is the manipulation of soft tissues within the body, including muscles, tendons and ligaments, in order to improve overall performance and wellbeing. Massage is used to manage a number of uncomfortable and painful conditions.
- release and relieve tired, sore muscles
- improve functioning of joints and muscles
- reduce and eliminate headaches
- control everyday stress
- break down scar-tissue, muscle-adhesions and knots (muscle spasm/trigger points)
- promote circulation and improve blood & lymph flow
- release toxins from your body
- rehabilitate and speed up recovery from injury
- re-educate your posture (postural analysis)
- maintain health and vitality of the muscular system
- reduce physical and mental fatigue
- assist in the management of chronic pain*
* In the initial appointment your therapist will thoroughly assess your joint and muscle movements to provide an highly effective treatment for acute and/or chronic conditions.
Which massage type is best for me?
At Body Assist all our massage therapists are highly skilled, fully certified professionals who will discuss your circumstances and provide the best treatment for your needs and condition.
A smooth flowing style designed to reduce stress and promote deep relaxation
A firm technique designed to locate and repair damage to muscles, tendons and joints. May be firm or hard depending on your needs, generally performed at a medium or slow pace.
Deep tissue massage
Designed to realign deep layers of muscle, tendons, ligaments, and other connective tissue. Generally performed at a slow pace and with greater pressure applied to more concentrated areas. Due to its nature some soreness may occur after this treatment.
Trigger Point Therapy
Designed to release points of hyperirritability in the soft tissue structure (myofascial trigger points), which are generally formed over a prolonged period of time and can cause great localised and referred pain, stiffness and/or restrictions in the body.
Western Cupping Therapy
Designed to activate the lymphatic system, promote blood circulation and assist with deep tissue repair. Small ‘cups’ are combined with warmth or suction to create partial vacuums around acupuncture points and/or parts of the body affected by pain. Very pleasant to receive, however light bruises can sometimes appear in the area of cupping.